Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located ?
We are convieniently located in beautiful Southern Utah. Only 2 hours from Las Vegas, and 30 minutes from St George Regional Airport. 2192 West 100 North, Hurricane, Utah 84737
What are my options for apartments?
Independent and Assisted Living
The Haven at Sky MountainIndependent and Assisted Living has several options to choose from:
Arches Studio – $2900
Bridges Studio – $3100
1 Bedroom Apartments
Canyon 1 Bedroom + 1 Bath – $3500
Desert 1 Bedroom + 1.5 Bath – $3900
Escalante 1 Bedroom + 1 Bath – $4000
2 Bedroom Apartments
Zion 2 Bedroom + 1.5 Bath – $4500
Can I share an apartment with another resident?
Yes you can.
Second Occupant – $700 (Related Person)
Non-Related Occupant – $2750 ea
Are there additional costs?
- Shower Assistance – $300 per month
- Dressing, Grooming and Personal Hygiene Assistance – $300 per month
- Medication Assistance – $300 per month (excludes costs of medications
- Continence Assistance – $300 per month (incontinence supplies provided by resident)
- Diabetic Monitoring – $100 per month (Finger stick blood sugar monitoring (supplies included)
- Personal Laundry Assistance – $100 per month (Linen Service Included in Base Rent)
- Telephone Line – $30 per month
- Nurse Call Button – $300 (One Time Fee)
- Electric Wheelchair/Scooter/Jazzy on Property – $600 (One Time Fee)
- Pet Rent – $100 per month
What are the Features of the Community?
- Beautiful entry with majestic views
- Inviting common areas with high ceilings
- Elegant restaurant-style dining
- Private dining room available for family gatherings
- Fully equipped gym
- Hair Salon
- Organized activities, including day trips
- Laundromat facilities · Scheduled transportation
- Weekly housekeeping & linen service
- Media Center
- Movie Theater
- General Store
- Pool Hall and Game Room
- Craft room
- Fishing pond
- Conveniently located to shopping and medical care
- Beautifully manicured outside common areas and garden
What are the features of your apartments?
- Spacious studio, one or two bedroom apartments
- Emergency pull cord call system
- Large bathrooms and showers
- Individual temperature controls
- Large Kitchenettes
- Built-in microwave oven
- Fire safety systems
- 24 hour security
- Stackable washer/dryer hook-ups
- Large patio or balcony
What are the values of The Haven at Sky Mountain?
It is our goal to meet the individual needs of each resident through the empowerment of teamwork and well-trained individuals. We pride ourselves on excellence, compassion, and sincerity.
We strive to provide superior care through a well-balanced, highly-trained dedicated team.
Being honest, ethical and clear in all our actions and communication is the key to our success.
Treating each other with compassion, kindness and integrity are our goals at The Haven at Sky Mountain.
What is included in the monthly Rent?
- Access to onsite Registered Nurse
- All Day Dining from 7:30am to 6:00pm
- 24 Hour On-Site Specially Trained Staff
- Weekly Housekeeping and Trash Removal
- Weekly Linen Service (Towels and Sheets)
- Regular Wellness Checks by Nursing Staff
- Daily Life Enrichment Activities (Social, Recreation and Physical)
- Full Size Gymnasium
- Scheduled Transportation to Personal Appointments and Shopping Excursions
- All Utilities Paid (except personal phone)
- All Apartment Maintenance
Do you have weekly housekeeping and linen service?
You are expected to keep your apartment tidy and clean to promote a healthy and safe environment. Light housekeeping is provided by The Haven at Sky Mountain weekly.
Residents will need to have a clean set of linens ready if they wish to have housekeeping make their bed. Please remember to mark all your laundry before housekeeping arrives. This makes it easier to sort and return items after they are washed. If you have breakable items, you are asked to please take them off your furniture tops before housekeeping staff begins to dust. Housekeeping is not responsible for tidying up boxes or moving personal property prior to beginning their work.
Light housekeeping consists of:
- Linens changed and washed
- Light dusting
- Cleaning bathrooms and kitchens (excluding dishes)
- Disposing of trash
- Garbage and trash should be placed inside the apartment door in plastic garbage bags that have been securely tied for pick up.
- It is important that you do not place anything outside of, in front of, or around the trash dumpsters.
- All boxes or other containers must be broken down prior to placing them in the trash dumpsters.
- Please do not place trash outside of your apartment door, in hallways, on balconies or on patios.
- Residents are responsible for hauling away non-trash items such as old furniture, Christmas trees, etc.
- Hazardous materials such as paints, thinners, poisons, flammable liquids, chemicals etc., are strictly prohibited from being placed in or around a trash receptacle.
If residents wish to have their own chemicals or cleaning supplies in their apartment (laundry detergent, dish soap, bug spray, etc.) they must be securely cabinet out of sight.
Do you do personal laundry?
Residents are responsible for their own personal laundry or arranging for The Haven at Sky Mountain to provide assistance. Residents may wish to furnish a stackable washer or dryer in the own apartment where available or use the community laundry facilities.
- The Haven at Sky Mountain has 4 resident laundry rooms.
- Please empty washers and dryers as soon as they have finished their cycle.
- Please leave the laundry room clean, any unattended laundry detergent or soap will be confiscated by management.
- No “Dyes” or “Tints” allowed in the washers or dryers.
What is the Room Reservation/Community Fee?
A Community Fee is due and payable in advance of the move-in date. This includes move-in and personalized apartment preparation. The community fee also covers the administrative costs affiliated with the resident’s preadmission assessment and communication and coordination with physicians, pharmacy, acute hospital, home care agency, and skilled nursing facility.
Is the room reservation/community fee refundable?
- If the resident does not move in after the preadmission assessment is completed 50% of the community deposit will be refunded.
- 100% of the community fee will be refunded if the resident has not had the preadmission assessment and does not move in.
- There will be no refund of the community fee if the resident moves in.
How long after paying the room reservation fee do you have to pay rent?
The resident has 15 days from the date of availability before being charged the base rate for the apartment. The resident must have all physician forms signed and submitted to The Haven at Sky Mountain prior to move-in.
Do you have a Memory Care and what does it cost?
Yes, We Do Have a State of the Art Memory Care
Studio Suite – $4200
Second Occupant – $1500 (Related Person)
Shared Studio – $3000 ea. (Non-Related Occupant)
What Services are included in the memory care rent?
- Shower Assistance
- Dressing, Grooming and Personal Hygiene
- Medication Assistance
- Diabetic Monitoring
- Personal Laundry Assistance
What are the hours of The Haven at Sky Mountain?
- The main entrance is locked at 8:00pm to 6:00am.
- You can use the keypad for after hour’s entry or push the red button to alert our staff.
- The Concierge front desk is open from 9:00am to 6:30pm
- Dining Room is open from 7:30am to 6:00pm
- Visiting hours are from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Hours may be changed when special circumstances require.
Do you have a sign-in/sign-out policy
Yes, You and your guests are required to sign in and out when entering or leaving the building.
This is helpful to our staff who answer inquiries from friends and family who may come by to visit when you are not in the building. More importantly, however, it lets our staff know who is in the building at any given time in the event of an emergency.
What is your Dining Services arrangements?
Attendance at Meal Time
Our Staff will be noting that all the residents in the building are present at each meal. Should you be out for a meal, or do not desire to come to the Dining room, simply sign-out at Guest Services or let staff know you will not be present for a particular meal. Otherwise, a staff member will telephone or stop by your apartment to ensure all is well.
Residents are expected to dine in the dining room. However, occasionally due to brief illness, a need may arise for meals to be temporarily brought to your apartment. Our staff will accommodate meal delivery service. If possible, requests for meal delivery should be called in to Guest Services at least two hours prior to meal time. There is a $4.00 charge per meal delivery. Nine (9) complimentary deliveries per month are provided in case of illness.
Seating in the Dining Room Seating in the Dining room is not reserved. Please make new residents feel welcome and offer them a place to sit. Table arrangements may vary from time to time. For those residents using mobility aids, you will be seated at a table and the staff will park them away from the dining tables so that other residents do not trip or fall. Our wait staff will be happy provide any assistance necessary in the dining area. It is our desire that meal time be rewarding and pleasant experience for all our residents. Please advise the staff when you are ready to leave and they will return your mobility aids to your table.
Attire in the Dining Room So that all residents are comfortable and enjoy meal times, casual attire is permitted in dining areas. Nightwear, robes or sleeping attire is not considered appropriate in the dining area.
Dining room is open from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Breakfast 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Lunch – Special or Sky Grille Menu 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Dinner – Special or Sky Grille Menu 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
All Day Dining – The Sky Grille Menu 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
We ask that all residents and families be seated in the dining room by 6:00 p.m.
Guest Meals If you are expecting more than 2 guests dining with you, please notify Guest Services at least 24 hours in advance.
Do visitors have to pay for their meals?
Yes, but it is very reasonable.
Holiday Meal $12.00
Children under 8 eat at half price.
Please pay for your guest meals in advance at Guest Services. If guest meals are not purchased in advance, meal costs will be charged to the resident’s room.
Do you have a private dining room?
Yes we do. There is no charge to reserve with purchase of meals.
There will be a $25 reservation and clean-up fee when meals are not provided by The Haven at Sky Mountain.
If meals are brought into The Haven at Sky Mountain, drink and dessert can be purchased in addition to the reservation and clean-up fee. (Drinks $1.00 per person, Desserts $2.00 per person)
All parties 6 or more will be seated in the Private Dining Room.
Do you have activities and events?
The Haven at Sky Mountain maintains a monthly schedule of social, recreational and fitness activities. Activities and events may take place either inside the community or off premise locations. Residents are not required to participate; however, group interactions can be fun and rewarding for everyone. In some cases a minimum may be required for participation and outings (i.e. movies, theatre productions, concerts, lunch outings). Residents are always encouraged to suggest activities that are of interest to them.
Do you have a Resident Council and what is it for?
Yes we have a Resident Council. The purpose of the Resident Council is to work with the Community administration to improve the quality of life for all residents. Enriching activity programs and services offered by the Community are discussed. Recommendations regarding identified problems and concerns are also discussed. Residents and family members are encouraged, but not compelled to attend.
What is your Smoking policy?
To provide a healthier environment for our residents, their families and friends, The Haven at Sky Mountain is a 100% smoke free community. The harmful effects of secondhand and third hand smoke and the fire dangers caused by smoking are simply too great to ignore. Smoking, including the use of e-cigarettes, shall not be permitted in any areas in the community. This includes, without limitation, common areas, parking lots and within vehicles including personal vehicles whenever such vehicles are parked on company’s property. The smoke-free policy applies to all resident, employees, contractors, and visitors. Violations of this policy may result in residents’ evictions.
Can I decorate my apartment?
- To create a harmonious appearance, the window coverings supplied with your apartment cannot be changed. Aluminum foil in windows is not acceptable.
- Paintings, wallpapering and/or altering any parts of the apartment or balcony area is not permitted without prior written consent from the Executive Director.
- The use of small nails for hanging pictures and other décor on the walls is permitted.
- The use of adhesive backed hangers is not allowed
- Any fixtures (including ceiling fans) and light bulbs not approved or compatible with those provided by management will be removed.
- The placement of antennas or wires of any kind on the exterior of the building is not allowed.
- Any change to the lighting of appliances becomes the property of The Haven at Sky Mountain.
What is your pet policy?
The Haven at Sky Mountain will allow one cat or one small dog per apartment in a designated area of the community. Arrangements for a cat or a dog must be made prior to move-in and with approval from the Executive Director. There is a pet fee of $100.00 per month. To create a harmonious atmosphere for all, please follow these policies regarding your pet:
- Residents are to provide all care for their pets. It is not the responsibility of The Haven at Sky Mountain or its staff to provide any pet care and staff is not permitted to do so. If residents are away from the community for more than 24 hours it is the residents or resident’s responsible party to remove the pet from The Haven at Sky Mountain property until the resident returns.
- If a resident is unable to properly care for and clean up after the pet (empty litter box, take pet outside, clean up after pet outside and properly dispose of waste in a sealed bag, etc.) the pet must be removed from The Haven at Sky Mountain property.
- Pets must be on a leash through common areas, but they may not remain in these areas. Pets must be leashed and walked from the building before allowing them to relieve themselves.
- If a pet is an annoyance to other residents or management (barks, whines, scratches on door, etc.) the pet is not permitted to stay at The Haven at Sky Mountain.
- If a pet shows any type of aggression toward staff or another resident such as growling, biting, nipping or scratching the pet must be removed from The Haven at Sky Mountain property within 24 hours.
- The Resident acknowledges that any damage done to the Property by the pet will be reimbursed to the Community including any damage to the exterior or interior of the premises, grounds, flooring, walls, trim, finish, tiles, carpeting, or any stains, etc. Damage caused by the pet will be the full financial responsibility of the Resident and that Resident agrees to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition. If because of any such stains, etc., the damage is such that it cannot be removed, then Resident agrees to pay the full expense of replacement.
- Resident agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Community or the Communities’ agents against all liability for any injury to any person of any kind whatsoever caused by the Resident pet.
- Resident is responsible if their pet bites or hurts any person or persons.
- Resident is responsible for all financial and medical costs incurred.
- The Haven at Sky Mountain has full discretion to require residents or resident’s responsible party to remove pets from the property.
Do you have a theft and loss prevention program?
Any suspected theft or loss should be immediately reported to Guest Services.
Staff will make an immediate search for the item(s). Police or other law enforcement authorities will be notified at the resident’s request or for a theft or loss valued at $100.00 or more.
The Executive Director will perform an investigation of the theft or loss and if necessary a report will be given to the resident or responsible party.
How many keys do you get when you move in and what is your policy on lockouts?
One apartment key will be issued upon moving into The Haven at Sky Mountain. If you are locked out of your unit, contact Guest Services or a CNA and arrangements will be made for your entrance.
Under no circumstances may you change locks or put additional locks on your doors or Mail box keys will be issued upon move-in.
Due to security issues, keys are not to be duplicated without permission from the Executive Director.
Residents are provided with all necessary keys for their apartment and mail box etc. Should keys not be turned at the time of vacating the apartment, a charge will be assessed to change the locks on the apartment doors.
Management shall retain a key to each apartment.
A $5.00 charge per key will be assessed if keys are lost or need to be replaced.
Is there a telephone service at The Haven at Sky Mountain?
A central telephone is available for all residents. Local calls may be made at no charge. Long distance calls will be billed to the resident monthly at the actual cost of the call as outline on the telephone bill.
Do you have transportation?
The Haven at Sky Mountain provides scheduled transportation for doctor and dental appointments, shopping centers and grocery stores.
- Doctor appointments should be scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00AM to 3:00PM.
- Shopping days are Wednesday at 3:30AM
- Residents are to call transportation services at 435-674-7883 for pick-up when the appointment is over.
Residents requiring a staff member escort will be charged $25 per hour including travel time. All appointments requiring transportation must be scheduled with Guest Services at least 24 hours before the appointment. If you are unable to schedule your Doctor’s appointment for Tuesday or Thursday, call Guest Services for special arrangements.
Do you have reserved parking and how much does it cost?
Yes we do, the cost is $25 per month.
- For safety of pedestrians, please operate your vehicle at a speed not to exceed five (5) miles per hour when entering or leaving the community.
- All unreserved parking at our community is unassigned and the number of parking spaces is limited.
- All vehicles must have current license plates and be in fully operable condition.
- Vehicles with flat tires, missing parts, expired license plates, left on jacks or boots, will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Repair work may not be done on any vehicle located on the community property.
- If your vehicle is parked in the fire lane or other unauthorized place, it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- The parking and storage of recreational vehicles and trailers on the community property are prohibited.
- Residents are expected to have a current, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Please keep your vehicle locked at all times, management is not responsible for the loss of personal property, damage or theft.
Do you provide maintenance and have a maintenance person?
Yes we do.
Should any equipment, appliances or furnishing fail to work properly, always report it immediately to Guest Services, so maintenance may be arranged. Please do not attempt repairs yourself. Safe apartment living is very important. To ensure safety and comfort, maintenance staff may need to enter your apartments from time to time to make minor repairs. Should a repair need to be made, every effort will be made to avoid imposing on any resident, but you may be asked to stay out of your apartment for a short period of time while equipment or chemicals are being used. If you wish a specific time for maintenance services or to be there while the work is performed, please notify Guest Services.
Requests for maintenance must be made in writing at Guest Services as early in the day as possible to ensure prompt attention. Management will do its best to service your request within 24 to 48 hours. If parts must be ordered, a longer period of time will be required.
Repairs performed due to negligence or mischief by residents and/or their guests will be billed to the resident.
Please do not put objects down the drains or toilets that may cause stoppage or plumbing failure. If drains or toilets become clogged due to resident negligence, the resident will be charged to clear the lines.
It is advisable to keep your own plunger for small emergencies.
Please use the garbage disposal with care. Items such as banana peels, potato skins, celery, meats or stringy substances should not be used in the disposal. Please do not allow silverware or other foreign objects to fall into the disposal.
Please notify Guest Services of all emergencies. When emergencies occur after hours or on holidays, please call Guest Services or use your emergency pull cord to call a CNA.
What are the Resident’s Rights?
RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES FOR THE ELDERLY Effective January 1, 2017, Utah Administrative Code R432-270-9
- the right to be treated with respect, consideration, fairness, and full recognition of personal dignity and individuality;
- the right to be transferred, discharged, or evicted by the facility only in accordance with the terms of the signed admission agreement;
- the right to be free of mental and physical abuse, and chemical and physical restraints;
- the right to refuse to perform work for the facility;
- the right to perform work for the facility if the facility consents and if: a. the facility has documented the resident’s need or desire for work in the service plan, b. the resident agrees to the work arrangement described in the service plan, c. the service plan specifies the nature of the work performed and whether the services are voluntary or paid, and d. compensation for paid services is at or above the prevailing rate for similar work in the surrounding community;
- the right to privacy during visits with family, friends, clergy, social workers, ombudsmen, resident groups, and advocacy representatives;
- the right to share a unit with a spouse if both spouses consent, and if both spouses are facility residents;
- the right to privacy when receiving personal care or services;
- the right to keep personal possessions and clothing as space permits;
- the right to participate in religious and social activities of the resident’s choice;
- the right to interact with members of the community both inside and outside the facility;
- the right to send and receive mail unopened;
- the right to have access to telephones to make and receive private calls;
- the right to arrange for medical and personal care;
- the right to have a family member or responsible person informed by the facility of significant changes in the resident’s cognitive, medical, physical, or social condition or needs;
- the right to leave the facility at any time and not be locked into any room, building, or on the facility premises during the day or night. Assisted living Type II residents who have been assessed to require a secure environment may be housed in a secure unit, provided the secure unit is approved by the fire authority having jurisdiction. This right does not prohibit the locking of facility entrance doors if egress is maintained;
- the right to be informed of complaint or grievance procedures and to voice grievances and recommend changes in policies and services to facility staff or outside representatives without restraint, discrimination, or reprisal;
- the right to be encouraged and assisted throughout the period of a stay to exercise these rights as a resident and as a citizen;
- the right to manage and control personal funds, or to be given an accounting of personal funds entrusted to the facility, as provided in R432-270-20 concerning management of resident funds;
- the right, upon oral or written request, to access within 24 hours all records pertaining to the resident, including clinical records;
- the right, two working days after the day of the resident’s oral or written request, to purchase at a cost not to exceed the community standard photocopies of the resident’s records or any portion thereof;
- the right to personal privacy and confidentiality of personal and clinical records;
- the right to be fully informed in advance about care and treatment and of any changes in that care or treatment that may affect the resident’s well-being; and
- the right to be fully informed in a language and in a manner the resident understands of the resident’s health status and health rights, including the following: a. medical condition; b. the right to refuse treatment; c. the right to formulate an advance directive in accordance with UCA Section 75-2a; and d. the right to refuse to participate in experimental research.
What are the DEPARTMENT OF LICENSING AND CERTIFICATION RIGHTS?
Upon admission, all residents will be advised that the Health Department has the authority to review all Community records regarding the resident and may inspect the Community including the resident’s room and may interview all residents. The Health Department is not required to notify the Community in advance of inspections.
Do you have a grievance and complaint policy?
Should you have any concern about the quality of services you are receiving or your accommodation, please speak with Guest Services. Should you feel there is not appropriate resolution of the problem, please see the Executive Director. Conferences can be scheduled at a mutually convenient time to discuss any concern you or your family may have. At any time if you feel resident abuse has occurred you can contact the local Ombudsmen at (435) 673-3548
Do you use a third party emergency service and what do they cost?
Yes, THIRD PARTY SERVICES Emergency medical transport charges will be billed to the resident or insurance company by the medical transport company at the current rate which will vary depending on the medical services provided during transport. No other third-party services are available.
How often is there a rate increase and do you have a disclosure?
RATE INCREASE DISCLOSURE On or before January 31st of each year, The Haven at Sky Mountain shall prepare a document disclosing the Community’s monthly rate increases (if any). The Haven at Sky Mountain shall provide a written copy of the rate increase disclosure to every resident or residents responsible party who signs an admission agreement.
For all rate increases 60 days written notice to the resident or resident’s responsible party is required. The Haven at Sky Mountain shall provide in writing the amount of increase and the reason for increase, except in an increase in the rate due to a change in the level of care or change in the medication administration for the resident, in which case the rate change would be effective immediately.
What if you are out of the community for any given amount of time?
If the Resident leaves the Community temporarily, the holding rate for the Resident’s room is the same as the current monthly base rate. If the resident is away from the community due to medical reasons for more than twenty-four (24) hours, resident must continue to pay the base rate minus the level of care until he/she returns to the community.
Do you have to give notice to vacate and is there a refund policy?
Upon resident’s death and removal of personal belongings the responsible party will be refunded any prepaid fees within thirty (30) days. The Community shall also provide to the Resident or the Resident’s representative an explanation of any charges retained by the Community.
If the Resident is discharged or transferred, the Community will refund to the Resident any credit balance within a reasonable time not to exceed thirty (30) days after the Community has applied such balance toward outstanding fees for services provided by the Community.
A resident who voluntarily decides to move from the Community must give thirty (30) days’ notice. All charges then remain in effect for that thirty (30) day period. Refunds for any unused pre-paid monies, after deduction of the initial thirty (30) days, will be promptly refunded once the Resident’s belongings are removed.
If the Resident is moved to a higher level of care community because of medical reasons, or is refused re-admission after a hospital stay because the Community can no longer care for the Resident’s needs, the thirty (30) day notice will be waived. This is subject to change at the discretion of the Community and each situation will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
What happens if a resident passes away?
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement, this Agreement will immediately terminate upon your death. Your estate will continue to be responsible for all outstanding fees, charges and other sums due at the time of your death and for fees accruing until your personal property is removed from the Community.
Upon termination of this Agreement, your room is to be returned to us in its original clean condition (normal wear and tear excluded). Your personal property may be removed at any time by appointment or between the hours of 8 A.M. and 5 P.M. Monday through Friday, by your responsible person, by other person(s) who you have designated in writing in this Agreement, or by a court appointed executor or administrator of your estate, if applicable.
Within (30) days after your personal property is removed from the Community, your estate, or other person or entity responsible for payment of fees and charges under this Agreement, will receive a refund of any fees paid in advance covering the period after your personal property has been removed.